Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Seventh Day of Christmas

On the seventh day of Christmas my YAV year gave to me, a high of seven degrees.

Decber 31, I had a shorter workday with my people at the Presbyterian Church in Burlington.  Some more planning for the new year.

After dinner we headed downtown for the First Night Celebration.  There were lots of ice sculptures, musical performances, improv performances.  Evidently everything started at 10 am and went until midnight and we just caught some of the last of it.  Then we came home and stayed up until 3:30am discussing life, the universe, and everything as if we were still in college.


Three lovely ladies and Marshall stood around me as we watched fireworks to carry in the new year, with people we didn't know five months ago,
                                                      in the cold,
Photo taken by Marshall, and stolen
 from Kathleen's facebook page
in New England,
a place we may never be again,
a place we may be missing when 2015 arrives,
a place none of us thought we be at this point a year ago,
a place we may be for 2015 fireworks,
a place where God is working,
a place where warmth is found, 
in New England
in the cold.

As part of the dinner conversation I remembered two great moments of 2013.  Walking at graduation, and seeing one homesick kid at camp start to enjoy himself toward the end of his session.  That kid asked me to sign his special intrest award book.  There were plenty of good times, and actually more happiness last year than bad times.  Even though it was a hard year with a lot of loss and heartbreak for many of us, there was a lot of light. A lot of good. And good times ahead. 

Photo taken by Kathleen Murphy Copyright 2014
We look ahead for God's plans to be revealed in 2014. 

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed." Romans 8:18.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the lord forever"  Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment